This blog was deisgned in order to keep my family and friends informed. I am so blessed to have an abundance of support across the country - so thank you all.

Monday, October 19, 2009

WOW - Fashion Benefit

OK - so let me tell you about this amazing event I have the privilege of being apart of. NE Medical Foundation is on a campaign to raise money for cancer (breast) - so it immediately sparked my attention. Their annual Fashion Benefit is in October. I met the executive director and others months ago and agreed that I would be apart (which meant I had to 'model'). So little did I know that it would end up being the week before I have my surgery for my own battle with cancer! (So NEAT). Anyways, so tonight was the first of two nights for the Fashion Benefit - "THINK PINK". There were close to 500 people and it was so neat to be apart of something that is dedicated to raising money for this cause. Who cares that we all got to show off really great clothes on the runway - and not to mention that the guy models had to dance to "Hot Stuff"... (all fun parts of the night) what was important and FABULOUS was the amount of money that was raised. Now I can not tell you how much yet, because there are some who might be coming tomorrow and that would ruin the surprise - but let's just say TONS! I will be excited to show you pics in the next few days.

If you are not supporting a local charity or cause - please do so. There are so many ways to get involved - and you never know how personal it will become.

Stay tuned!