This blog was deisgned in order to keep my family and friends informed. I am so blessed to have an abundance of support across the country - so thank you all.

Friday, January 15, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Year to everyone,

It has been a month since I last posted - sorry for that. Things have been busy but good. We had a wonderful Christmas - and let me tell you that we had a whole new perspective on things.
We did something so neat with the girls. They could not come up a with a Christmas list so as a family we decided to do something for others. (In light of the past events, we realize how blessed we truly are and that stuff does not matter). So after funny stories and many conversations - we adopted a little boy in Africa. The girls sat for hours and searched to find the one they wanted. It was precious. So we did not exchange gifts between the four of us - and you would have never known. The girls were genuinely excited about doing this. I was so PROUD!

Anyways - about my recovery. I am fully back into the swing of my "life" Back to work, back to church, back to being 100 places at once (haha). But is so nice - exhausting - but nice. I do have to continue to monitor my blood levels. There were low when I went before Christmas, so we are going to have to start experimenting with med to regulate things. I get tired very easily - which you all know is not like me. But I am so thrilled that things turned out the way the did.

BEST OF ALL - I Sang again! Christmas eve, I was able to sing with my dearest friends at our Christmas eve service. And then Sunday morning, I was able to sing at church - what a gift! THANK YOU GOD. When you have sang all your life and you realize you might not again - let me tell you about faith coming into play. I was more worried about that than I was the cancer (not because I wanted to sing for others, but that is my outlet- in the car, in the shower, around the house - you name it and I am singing). So God was so faithful in restoring my voice and months ahead of schedule. The doc told me it might be 6 months - well it was 2 months to the day! Amazing - and only one explanation - God is good.

So I hope your 2010 will be wonderful. Remember that your attitude TRULY is everything. Life is going to bring storms and life is going to be hard - but you can get through it.

I love you all