This blog was deisgned in order to keep my family and friends informed. I am so blessed to have an abundance of support across the country - so thank you all.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Recovery

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
Let me tell you that I had a whole new outlook on "Thankfullness" this year. I know it has been a while - so let me recap some things.

The "fix" of the incision - Let me tell you - I think that was one of the "weirdest" experiences of my life. Let me explain. So I had 3 hours to sit and think about how the surgeon was going to cut me open (only local) and me lay perfectly still. Needless to say I made myself sick for those 3 hours. It was worse than the actual surgery (at least leading up to it). So we got to the doctors and he said to hop up on the table and lay down. He rubbed iodine on the area - put a cloth over me and started.
The first round of shots was with a small needle to numb the area (around 6-8). Yes, I felt them! It was funny - when he got through with those he said, "Are you ok?" - "Yes, I said" - And he said "well you have to keep breathing". I did not breath the entire time he was giving me shots. Just nerves. Then he began using a "hook" needle (as my mom described) to do a deeper numbing. Once the shots were over I really did not feel pain. I felt tugging and could see the "tools" and stitches which was awkward at best to watch.
This actually was a blessing in disquise because he found a blod clot. He had a hard time getting it to stop bleeding (in fact we had a to change the dressing 3 times over the weekend). But overall it was such a good decision. The scar looks so much better now.

So overall my "surgery" expereince was good. My doctor did a fabulous job. We are scheduled to go for blood work next week - this will be monitored for several months and determine if I have to be on daily medicine. I think I can handle that.

Let me say THANK YOU to everyone who has been there with me through this. I have been truely blessed by each of you. It is hard for some to understand how you can say something like this is a blessing - but it truely has been. I just pray that God will use this to now minister to others and allow me to help those around me. I will continue to update as things happen -
Stay Tuned!