This blog was deisgned in order to keep my family and friends informed. I am so blessed to have an abundance of support across the country - so thank you all.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Still in recovery...

OK well I am one week post-op and I am feeling better each day. I am absolutely tired of being in this house - but doctors orders. Each day I feel a little stronger than the day before. But I know I am not up to par yet- once I am up for a while, I get very tired. But it is a work in progress. Jeff is so helpful in all of this. If one good thing has come out of this - I have found so many new reasons to love my husband. He has been so helpful and caring and attentive through all of this. Never a complaint -always asking if I need something. He went back to work this week and has come home every day at lunch to check on me. I just love him!

I can talk! (God is good!) I am not the loud mouth that everyone remembers -but I am sure it will come. :)
But just being able to communicate in some way is better than none. The hand clapping and snapping was not working to well for me. It puts things into perspective - and it makes me appreciate the ability to talk.
Singing -now that is another story. Not attempting that yet. Doctor told us that it would take some rehabilitating before getting to that - probably 6 months or so...but I am confident that God is in control and all will be OK.

2 more days and I go to the doctors. I know that all will be well, I am just ready to find out. I love everyone who is out there praying and thinking of me and my family. The journey is not over, but I believe there is a light ahead. And I promise - pictures are coming...I am hoping to get my sweet hubby to take me tonight. It will give me an excuse to get out of the house.

Stay tuned!