This blog was deisgned in order to keep my family and friends informed. I am so blessed to have an abundance of support across the country - so thank you all.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Recovery...a work in progress

Ok -well I am back...at least able to type.
God is so faithful and stugery went well -as you already know. I had a rough few days, but Sunday was a turning point. I was able to eat and able to get up a walk around for a length of time. This was huge. I am so bored and tired of sitting (not to mention how sore my back and neck are).
I have been so encouraged by the out pour of love. I know I have said that before, but it continues and it is amazing to watch. Those who came out to the hospital, those who have sent flowers, cards, e-mails. It just is amazing. Those who have never had the opportunity to go through something like this, let me assure you - you never ask for something like this - but it truly is a blessing in disquise. Who can say that daily they have numerous cards with encouragment, and phone messages of love and prayer. It is one of the most amazing acts of God's love being demonstrated. Thank you to everyone.
So now that I am "house bound" - what is a girl to do. Besides working (which is a great distraction), I am looking around my house creating a "to-do" list in my brain. I also am catching up on all my "Law & Order - SVU" episodes that I have on DVR. I LOVE IT. Everyone who knows me - knows that my life is chaos (in a good way) - somewhere to be each night, and it is a change in life still to just "rest". It is also though at this time that I can "be still and know that I am God". I am grateful for that. My voice is weak but I do have sound. I overdid it yesterday and I am sore today. So today I am being silent again. It is hard not to talk (especially for me). But doctors orders...not to push it, so I will be a good patient.

For anyone who is weird like me...I will post pictures from all this sometime this week. The swelling and brusing has gone down tremendously. But still a ways to go. But my dear friend brought me what I know will become my favorite accessory - SCARFS. They cover up the scar perfectly (and they are soft and warm).

So as a song says "What doesn't kill me- will only make me stronger". I am gearinng up to bounch back better than ever.

Stay Tuned!